$18,900.00 – $27,900.00
Front Range Supply is proud to offer the Grizzly Hop, premier dry hop and ingredinet delviery system.
Our large Grizzly Hop comes standard with a 5 HP Baldor 230/460v 3 phase motor and Dixon Sanitary BC/BP 428 Centrifugal Pump, while our small unit uses a 3HP Baldor 230/460v 3 phase motor and Dixon Sanitary BC/BP 328 Pump. The pump is available with either a smooth impeller housing (volute) or a modified (shearing) housing designed to macerate the hops as they are delivered into the system. Both housings can be purchased with the Grizzly Hop and easily swapped to accommodate the specific hopping procedure for each beer recipe.
The Grizzly Hop (GH) aids specialty beer production in multiple ways:
1. The Grizzly Hop diminishes the potential for beer oxidation by keeping the hops isolated from air. The hops are placed in the hopper, sealed and pressured with Co2. The positive pressure of Co2 in the hopper reduces beer oxidation by eliminating contact with the atmosphere.
2. When the hops are delivered through the pump, they are macerated (in the modified impeller housing) and recirculated through the beer. By breaking down and recirculating the hop pellets, the GH reduces hop usage by as much as 20%.
3. Additional recirculation of the hops reduces the need for long hop contact, making the beer ready in about half the time as standard dry hopping
4. Safety is always a concern when adding hops (especially to large/tall tanks). The Grizzly Hop allows hops to be added to any size brewing tank without ever leaving the cellar floor, improving employee safety and reducing fatigue.
5. The GH can also be used to blend beer, inject other ingredients and powders as well as a clean under pressure unit for quicker BBT turns.